If you happen to be new to the car rental mobility alternative, there is probably a world of questions you’ve been asking yourself about the process. Thankfully, the car rental service industry is more flexible and transparent nowadays than ever before - thus allowing you to understand every detail and recognize every up and down of different service providers. Below, we list the most valuable car rental tips you can follow to make your experience as safe, well-informed, and comfortable as possible.
1. Start With a Mobility PlanCar rental companies will always ask you about a pick-up and a drop-off location. What’s more - they will be fixed in your rental agreement, and changing them mid-term can result in fines and penalties. So - considering the purpose and the character of your trip, draw a mind map of your destinations. Crossing the car rental country’s borders is also possible, as long as you declare that intention in advance and receive the documentation for the purpose.
2. Choose the Pick-up Location WiselyIf you’re arriving at a big Bulgarian city by air, keep in mind that arranging an airport vehicle pick-up car will probably be cheaper than riding a taxi cab to the car rental provider office. What’s more - it will be more timely, convenient, and 100% tailored to your needs. When you want to rent a car, Sofia Airport is a well-developed location for fulfilling your requirements. All you need to do is pick the proper vehicle size to contain your luggage and desired number of passengers. With Yes rent a car, you can also add extras such as a child seat, a GPS navigation system, or a Wi-Fi modem for a perfect experience.
3. Read the General Terms of Your Car Rental ProviderThough the general principles often overlap, not all car rental companies have identical general terms and conditions for vehicle pick-up and drop-off. All of these conditions shall be strictly defined on the service provider website and your rental agreement - so you can double-check before your put your signature on anything. Some of the details that play an important role in your user experience and your awareness as a lessee include:
- Deposit payments and ways of handling transactions;
- Handling of collision damage protection, theft protection, and other possible insurances;
- Terms and conditions for fuel load upon returning the vehicle;
- Possibilities of one-way transits and returning the car to a different location;
- Potential fines and penalties described in the car rental contract, etc.